As co-working expands, it’s natural for people to peer in at it and start prodding and probing the new nature of working. With that, comes analysis of trends within co-working so we thought we’d start off with 9 benefits of co working, from the general to feedback we’ve had from our own PLATF9RM members.
1. The biggest appeal, by far, for our PLATF9RM members is the atmosphere and environment we’ve built. Many people highlighted the appeal of working in a creative environment with lots of like minded people meaning there’s a better chance of socialising but importantly, as and when you need it. Co-workers all have the opportunity take a social break when they want it and can chose when to knuckle down again.
2. Naturally following on from that, co-working helps provide a sense of balance between working life and home life. Get out of your comfies and slippers and into an environment that encourages active working time. You’re not working around distractions and can work to a schedule that suits you.
3. It’s healthy for you! Studies suggest that around 70% of co-workers feel healthier in a co-working environment than a traditional office environment. Not only that, but people are more likely to support each other with healthier life choice which leads to an increase in happiness and productivity.
4. Get social! A benefit of co-working has to be that it introduces you to other businesses that vary from your own so you can pull on others skill or advice when you need to and make lasting network connections.
5. Everything's included. You know that everything is taken care of and you know there's no headache inducing leases to sign and that all your overheads are part of your membership. It makes for smooth seamless working without having to focus on any niggling bills.
6. You’re guaranteed a spot. There's no battling for space or bandwitch in busy coffee shops. Co-working guarantees you not only the space to work but also the amenities to go with it including a super fast WIFI connection.
7. Wow possible clients. Many co-working spaces are well designed and include functional space so you can really show people how importantly you take your business by having a dedicated space in addition to the flexibility to move into fully equipped meeting rooms.
8. As and when you like it. Many co-working spaces recognise the individual nature of the variety of businesses they support so plenty off a 24/7 service, meaning if you’re more of a night owl, that’s not a problem as you can head into the office whenever suits you.
9. Flexibility. Co-working space offers the chance to grow, meaning if you start of as a two person team and quickly take on another two, you can scale up to the next suitable space.